Accessing 400 data through VB Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing 400 data through VB Script

Are you sure it's not the SQL itself that is slow? What release are you on? Which version of CA?

Brian, No, I am not sure that it's not the SQL itself. As a matter of fact, I am reviewing it now to see if I can improve upon it. I was just curious if there was a better way to access the data.... Thanks, Joe

Comment

ADO's not too bad. Lots of functionality, pretty easy to use, and can be made to perform. There are a bunch of articles on the site about it, some of which are here. There's also a bunch of stuff about tuning SQL performance, too. Brian

Comment

I have written a VB script that validates OCR data against data on the 400. Here is what I am doing:
         Dim objConnection Dim objRecordset Dim strSQLQuery Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConnection.Provider = "MSDASQL" objConnection.ConnectionString = "myas400" objConnection.Open strSQLQuery = "select fscins, amount, dosfrom, dosto, servcodes.svccode, " &_ " servcodes.svcasacode from invheader, invdetail, servcodes, " &_ "patheader where invdetail.invnum = " & zAptNum_aac.CurrentLine.Value &_ " And invdetail.svccode = servcodes.svccodeih And transtype='C' " &_ "and svctype1 = 'C' And invheader.invnum=invdetail.invnum " &_ "and patheader.mrn=invheader.mrn " Set objRecordset = objConnection.Execute(strSQLQuery) 
        This works fine, except that it seems rather slow. What other connection methods are there that might be faster? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Brian, Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Joe

Comment

Working...
          X