Grid Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Control

Alan, It would be helpful to know what specific grid control you are using. Each one will have unique syntax. Most of them I've seen have a Columns collection that you use to reference a specific column. Such as Grid.Columns(1).BackColor or Grid.Columns("column-name").BackColor. Mark

Grid Control

Thanks for your reply Mark.I am running VB5 and using the Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control.When I code Grid.Columns(1).BackColor it comes back and says that the property is not supported yet when I read the Books Online Help it says that you can change the colour, font etc. of individual columns.One thing that puzzles me though is that it says: "To set properties for the individual Column objects, you must make the DBGrid control UI-active." What is UI-active? Regards, Alan

Comment

Grid Control

I have come to the conclusion that individual column colors can't be changed in the DBGRID or DATAGRID controls. If you don't want to buy a 3rd party control, I'd take a look at the MSFlexGrid control that also comes free with VB. It does allow you to set individual cell colors using the CellBackColor property. Mark

Comment

Grid Control

There is some code you can do to change the colors. I found the code a long time in a VB forum. If you still need the code maybe I can find where I have it in a project and send it to you. Roger

Comment

Grid Control

I want to do some calculation on the basis of the data I enter in a data grid control , I want this to be done for multiple rows of data and I want to retrieve these values from the grid for doing the validations , please help I keep getting these invalid bookmark error. Nishanth

Comment

Grid Control

I have a DBgrid control which has 2 columns.I understand that these columns can have separate properties from the grid control.How do you access these properties? I basically want a diferent colour for each column.Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Alan

Comment

Working...
            X