• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

command environment calls

I still wish you would post some relevant code! bob

Comment

IBM found the problem, there is an APAR number that I don't have right now. Apparently the developers of a couple Q modules mishandled pointers somewhere in their code. They are working on the PTF and have not given us an ETA but have assured us it will be available as soon as they have it.

Comment

I have a REXX program that waits on a data queue for records and does processing that involves several CL command calls. It will run fine for a certain period and then the CL calls fail. The REXX program ends and the CL that issues the Cmd using REXX as the CLP does a RCLRSC and calls the Cmd again and once again it will run for that same period and then fails again. The failure is related to teh string passed to the command environment by REXX and isn't always the same CL call. Does anyone know of this ? we are at V4R5 Thanks

Comment

IBM issued OS/400 Fix 5769-SS1 (SF66497) to correct this problem in Oct. In short it was a memory leak that had existed since 1996. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I had lost track of this forum till today.

Comment

Working...
          X