Cursor location (DDS) when using PSHBTN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursor location (DDS) when using PSHBTN

To retrieve the cursor location, and relative record number for a subfile, your DDS should look something like this:
     AAN01N02N03T.Name++++++RLen++TDpBLinPosFunctions++  ++++++++++++++ A R TEST01 SFL A FLD001 4 0O 6 4EDTWRD(' , ') A FLD002 9 2O 6 15EDTWRD(' , , . ') A FLD003 22 O 6 31 A R TEST02 SFLCTL(TEST01) A CF03 A CF12 A OVERLAY A SFLCSRRRN(&TESTRRN) A 91 SFLDSP A SFLDSPCTL A 94 SFLCLR A 91 SFLEND(*SCRBAR *MORE) A SFLSIZ(0123) A SFLPAG(0016) A RELRC# 3S 0H SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR) A TESTRRN 5S 0H A 1 3USER 
    The hidden field TESTRRN will contain the relative record number that you can use to CHAIN to the subfile. You can reset the subfile on the next EXFMT by setting RELRC# which should be field specified in the display file's "F" specs. Dave

I've just about concluded that you can't do this with DDS, but I'd thought I'd ask just to see if anyone knew better. If a user positions the cursor to a reference point on the screen, I can retrieve the cursor location (using INFDS or RTNCSRLOC) when the user presses a command key (or Enter, etc) just fine. But, if the user presses a push button, I can't figure out how to get what the cursor location was just before the push button was pressed (I only get the cursor location of the push button). I'm just trying to get which record in a sfl that the user wants to work with (in a gui sort of way). Thanks for any ideas you might have. Chris Ferwalt

Comment

Thank you, Dave, for your coding (I had never used SFLCSRRRN). But it still doesn't work when a push button is pressed. I only get the cursor position of the push button, not the cursor position just before pressing the push button. So I'm back to my original conclusion: it can't be done in DDS.

Comment

Working...
      X