QCMDEXC - ignoring messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCMDEXC - ignoring messages?

Nevermind, brain not working today after the New Year festivities... I just put an indicator in the CALL statement's low indicator (error indicator) and it doesn't blow up...

too have the same problem, but putting indicator in low will stop the error but at the same time the command QCMDEXC is also not got executed. i have put same code. Please help me. thanks in advance.
    Code

Comment

too have the same problem, but putting indicator in low will stop the error but at the same time the command QCMDEXC is also not got executed. i have put same code. Please help me. thanks in advance.
      Code

Comment

parameter sizes should be defined as 15 5 (length 15, decimals 5) an alternative is QCAPCMD API, which returns a MSGID in the ErrorCode parameter. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

dkrk wrote: > > too have the same problem, but putting indicator in low will stop the error but at the same time the command QCMDEXC is also not got executed. i have put same code. Please help me. thanks in advance. > > Code <'http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/showcode@@.ef904fc/1'> You have to code 'QCMDEXC' in upper case. When you get an unexpected result, it's a good idea to look in the joblog. There would be a message there saying program 'qcmdexc' was not found.

Comment

Does anyone know of a way to do the same thing that MONMSG does for a CL when executing a command using QCMDEXC in RPGIII? I wanted to put an F7=Send Message key in and put the code ?SNDMSG in as my command without a CL. If I go ahead and send the message it works fine, but if I press F3, when in send message prompt screen, I get the message "The call to program QCMDEXC ended in error (C G S D F)." As a result of the "Command prompting ended when user pressed F3." message.... which causes my program to blow up. Tks,. Dean

Comment

Thanks alot. i just changed the size of the field sizes to 15,5 and changed the command qcmdexc to uppercase immediately it worked. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X