HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE OF THE PGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE OF THE PGM

ILE programs are tougher to decompile than OPM, if not impossible. If they were created with DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) you may be able to reconstruct the sources by running them under STRDBG. Dave...

ITS' VERY SAD THAT NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE OUT FILE & RETRIEVE SOURCE NAME

Comment

Ah, locating the source member! I thought you meant the source itself. :-) For ILE programs, Lee Yarrington's answer to your original posting is correct. For OPM programs either DSPPGM or DSPOBJD with DETAIL(*SERVICE) has that information. Dave...

Comment

dspobjd with Detail(*service) wiil help you to find out the source member name and the library it is present. think it is difficult to get the source code, bu for clprograms u can get it.

Comment

Display Object Description - Service Object . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ASNCVT01CL Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : IPR Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *PGM Source file . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Member . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Attribute . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CLLE User-defined attribute . . . . . . . . . : Freed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : NO Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 61440 Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . . . : 01/29/01 08:25:04 Source file date/time . . . . . . . . . : System level . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : V4R4M0 Compiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CRTPGM V4R4M0 Object control level . . . . . . . . . . : Changed by program . . . . . . . . . . . : NO

Comment

Boris, you can use the QBNLPGMI API to retrieve the source file names for each module. There's an example here: http://www.midrangecomputing.com/ftp...98/B980709.txt

Comment

Do a DSPPGM on it, DSPOBJD will not work with ILE programs. Then on screen 3 (Detail *MODULE) put 5 by each program and it will show where the src came from.

Comment

Barbara, I tried to get the example how to use the QBNLPGMI API but the page was moved. I am writing a CL program to use the QBNLPGMI but I got the message CPF3CF1 "Error code parameter not valid". I don't know if this message came from this call or from QUSCRTUS that I did before. Thanks in advance for any clue. George

Comment

IF ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE FOR RPGLE OR CLLE PGM?

Comment

George, My name isn't Barbara, but Morris works OK for me. After I read your post, I looked to see if I had an example of the QBNLPGMI API and found one that I wrote about 4 years ago. I didn't have time to test it today, but I decided to add it to the iSeries-toolkit anyway. You can have a look at the RPG source and prototype and if they look useful to you and you are anxious, download version 1.3 and compile these individually. If you don't mind waiting, I will have a new build out there in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X