X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE OF THE PGM

George, My name isn't Barbara, but Morris works OK for me. After I read your post, I looked to see if I had an example of the QBNLPGMI API and found one that I wrote about 4 years ago. I didn't have time to test it today, but I decided to add it to the iSeries-toolkit anyway. You can have a look at the RPG source and prototype and if they look useful to you and you are anxious, download version 1.3 and compile these individually. If you don't mind waiting, I will have a new build out there in the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

IF ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE FOR RPGLE OR CLLE PGM?

Leave a comment:

• jlrengel
    replied

Barbara, I tried to get the example how to use the QBNLPGMI API but the page was moved. I am writing a CL program to use the QBNLPGMI but I got the message CPF3CF1 "Error code parameter not valid". I don't know if this message came from this call or from QUSCRTUS that I did before. Thanks in advance for any clue. George

Leave a comment:

• SirJohnA
    replied

Do a DSPPGM on it, DSPOBJD will not work with ILE programs. Then on screen 3 (Detail *MODULE) put 5 by each program and it will show where the src came from.

Leave a comment:

• B.Morris
    replied

Boris, you can use the QBNLPGMI API to retrieve the source file names for each module. There's an example here: http://www.midrangecomputing.com/ftp...98/B980709.txt

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Display Object Description - Service Object . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ASNCVT01CL Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : IPR Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *PGM Source file . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Member . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Attribute . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CLLE User-defined attribute . . . . . . . . . : Freed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : NO Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 61440 Creation date/time . . . . . . . . . . . : 01/29/01 08:25:04 Source file date/time . . . . . . . . . : System level . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : V4R4M0 Compiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CRTPGM V4R4M0 Object control level . . . . . . . . . . : Changed by program . . . . . . . . . . . : NO

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

dspobjd with Detail(*service) wiil help you to find out the source member name and the library it is present. think it is difficult to get the source code, bu for clprograms u can get it.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Ah, locating the source member! I thought you meant the source itself. :-) For ILE programs, Lee Yarrington's answer to your original posting is correct. For OPM programs either DSPPGM or DSPOBJD with DETAIL(*SERVICE) has that information. Dave...

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

ITS' VERY SAD THAT NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE OUT FILE & RETRIEVE SOURCE NAME

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic HOW TO FIND OUT SOURCE OF THE PGM

ILE programs are tougher to decompile than OPM, if not impossible. If they were created with DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) you may be able to reconstruct the sources by running them under STRDBG. Dave...
Working...
X