X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPGLE and date/time stamp

Change the field to data type = 'TIMESTAMP' and let DB2 do the work! bobh

RPGLE and date/time stamp

Create a data structure with a date subfield and a time subfield. D timestamp ds D date d datfmt(*mdy) inz(*sys) D 1a D time t timfmt(*usa) inz(*sys) You won't be able to do any RPG timestamp operations on this "timestamp" field, though.

Comment

It's verbose, but it works.
      Code

Comment

Another similar solution, that also puts the AM or PM: timestamp30 = %char(%date(workdate) : *MDY) + ' ' + %char(%time(workdate) : *HMS + ' '
        Code

Comment

Is there a way to code a dds and/or RPGLE program so that a date/time stamp field is automatically filled in when a record is created? I thought there was but the other programmers tell me I am wrong, that you have to move the timestamp into the record before you write it. I thought if you defined a field as date/time stamp (type Z) then the system would automatically fill it in when a new record is written.

Comment

Nancy, I think you need to create a LF over the PF where you explicitly list the fields but don't list the native date/time (d/t/z) fields. Then when you write to the LF, the date/time fields are initialized to the current system date/time for you. Chris

Comment

I need to update a character field in a database with a date/time stamp in the format of (using todays date): 10/26/01 08:45:15 AM Does anybody know how I can do this with RPGLE ? I have been able to get the following result..... 2001-10-26-08.51.10.561000 using the following code..... 'define Workdate as TimeStamp data type D Workdate S Z 'clear timestamp field...and define as 30 long... C Move *Blanks TimeStamp30 30 C Time Workdate C *iso Movel Workdate TimeStamp30 Can someone help me out ??? Thank you !!! Jim Sovick jim.sovick@jostens.com

Comment

Chris, this is exactly correct. I do this all the time, at least with timestamp fields. Simply create a logical view without the timestamp field, then write to the logical file and the timestamp will be filled in with the current time and date.

Comment

Working...
                X