C A Express Multi Sessiions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C A Express Multi Sessiions

Make sure that you do NOT have a Workstation ID assigned in your config or if you do specify one make sure it has a # at the end. The # allows for dynamic incremention of the Wordstation ID.

You were correct. When I configured without a workstation ID I was able to create two sessions. However when I did name the workstation (techtlr#), I got the first session but the second session did not configure. The only reason I seem headstrong for having a name is that I will be able to ad these workstation ID's In a seperate subsystem if needed . (ie. during installs or whatever).

Comment

Lee, You shouldn't have to, but, have you tried to manualy create the 2nd device description. My CAX 5.1 and OS/400 V4R5 automatically creates the sessions, as you would expect. Don't have any great ideas as to why yours won't.

Comment

Yes I can create two sessions manually. However I will have two Icons (one per session) since the .bch file is based on the .ws file. Also I have ordered the latest service pack sf66513. This is worth a shot anyway. Thanks Lee

Comment

My sessions are configured with a '=' (equals sign) at the end of the name, this tells the system to append a number to each session. Try that, if it doesn't work it might be because you are on an older version of Client Access Express. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

I tried it Scott. This did not work. This is simialar to what Chris had suggested. As a matter of fact, The = sign defaults to a # when the session is configured. As I had mentioned to Chris I have ordered the lastest service pack sf66513. I'll see if this makes a diff. Thanks for the help Lee

Comment

The PTF did the trick. I can configure multi sessions with no problem now. Thanks for your help. The only problem I encountered was that I was unable to update the pc from from the as400 from the check service funtion. It was always wanting the cd rom drive. I tried to browse but could not find the as/400 from the service. I am able to find the as/400 when performing a download from as/400 to pc. Lee

Comment

The actual path for the updates is "\QxxxxxxQIBMPRODDATACA400EXPRESS The Qxxxxxx is your system name with a "Q" in front. This is changed in the Service tab of Client Access Properties.

Comment

I am unable to configure multiple sessioins (tcpip). Auto config is on. The first session will start and complete with sign on screen. The second session will start and right before completioin (Ma ? will almost go solid) the session will drop to disconnected.

Comment

Working...
                  X