X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shanjohnny@yahoo.com
    replied
    Assigning a printerto a Client Access session

What if the printer model is not in the list supplied. Is there anyway to download something like a driver from the web site? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

You must name the printer session as part of the PC5250 session creation. We use the simple id of P with the asset no. of the PC that the session runs on. This simplifies the fault finding. We also so use the host print transform, so that the AS/400 converts the data stream. Test ALL the possible prints on the LAN printer before use. The conversion and formating may need some adjusment to suit the user.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

I think what Bill means is that it would be a good idea to give your printer a Workstation ID e.g PRT04 If you don't there is a good chance that your printer will be called something like QPADEXXXX

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Emil, It is a simple process and should be a part of any emulation package. When you set up a Client Access session, it asks you whether it is a Display or a Printer. For Client Access, the only other thing you need to do is to tell it which of your pre-defined Printers you wish to assign to this printer session. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic Assigning a printerto a Client Access session

I?m new to the setting up of a new client access session and I need to have the attached PC printer work as an AS/400 printer to this PC. Any help would be appreciated.
Working...
X