Management Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management Central

Has anyone experienced problems getting Management Central to start? I have 2 machines, a 720 and 820. The 720 is no problem. The server starts from either CA/E Navigator, or with the STRTCPSVR *MGTC command. In the 820, using Navigator/Network/TCP/IP/Servers, the start sits and waits for a few minutes, then nothing. It stays in the Stopped state. Inside the machine, running the start server command, you can see the QYPSSRV job start, go into a run state, and end within a second. No joblogs, no messages anywhere other than the Start Job/ End Job messages in the QHST Log. Nothing shows up in QSYSOPR. I forgot, both machines are at V4R5, current cum, CA/E is V4R5. TIA. Jack

Management Central

Just wanted to "ditto" that, I am having the same problem on a 170 9406-600. I have fully qualified the domain name, followed the white paper (s), and pulled my hair out. No results, except being a bit balder. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them. Cliff

Comment

Management Central

I had the same problem with a 730 and an 830 both running V4R5. Management Central would start fine on the 730 but no the 830. IBM Tech Support had me go into wrktcpcfg and add fully qualified hostnames (i.e. machine.domain.com) for the system (option 12 I think). I had only entered the machine name. Once I did that MGTC started. Mark

Comment

Management Central

Mark, Thanks for the answer. That works. I never noticed I fully qualified the domain name on one machine and not the other. Regards. Jack

Comment

Management Central

How does one go about doing that? I know our AS/400 by its host name and its IP address; really have not ever thought about .com. thanks, Cliff

Comment

Management Central

Hi Everybody, I have a problem when perform the STRTCPSVR server(*MGTC), so get the joblog with error "Ha fallado la Inicialización estática de la clase com.ibm.mc.client.McEnvironment". I nedd your help to resolve this problem, thanks. The OS/400 is V5R1M0.

Comment

Management Central

Hi Everybody, I have a problem starting managment central i.e STRTCPSVRserver(*MGTC), the OS version is V4R5. It doesn't get started, please help out.

Comment

Management Central

Srinivas wrote: > Hi Everybody, I have a problem starting managment central i.e > STRTCPSVRserver(*MGTC), the OS version is V4R5. > > It doesn't get started, please help out. Is there a joblog created after you try starting?

Comment

Management Central

Thanks for responding. By default it doesn't get generated,submitting the job with the log on,please find below the attached log. Please check and revert back.

QPJOBLOG201033.txt

Comment

Management Central

The job log isn't informative in this instance. Have you tried to use Operations Navigator to start the server? I've run into problems starting MC before and with a mix of trying the command line and ON, I've been able to discover what the problem was. Bill

Comment

Management Central

There are a lot of thread-related PTFs. One other problem I've encountered is if I try to start MGTC and I have a library in my *LIBL that it doesn't have authority to. It crashes immediately.

Comment

Management Central

The JOBLOG does show 201033/QSECOFR/QDFTJOBD was started using the Submit Job (SBMJOB) command with the following job attributes: JOBPTY(5) OUTPTY(5) PRTTXT()RTGDTA(QCMDB) SYSLIBL(QSYS QSYS2 QHLPSYS QUSRSYS) CURLIB(*CRTDFT) INLLIBL(QGPL QTEMP QSQL Q1WWT) LOG(4 00*SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*NO) INQMSGRPY(*RQD) OUTQ(/*DEV) PRTDEV(PRT01) HOLD(*NO) DATE(*SYSVAL) SWS(00000000) MSGQ(QUSRSYS/QSECOFR) CCSID(37) SRTSEQ(*N/*HEX)LANGID(ENU) CNTRYID(US) ALWMLTTHD(*NO). And the job is failing in Thread Creation. So maybe changing the MultiThread Parm will help

Comment

Working...
                        X