Operationg navigator - dragging a report to desktop, then e-mailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operationg navigator - dragging a report to desktop, then e-mailing

I would like to take a report sitting in the printer output queue, go to operations navigator, basic operations, printer output, and drag it to my desktop ---- then e-mail the report as an attachment... Works great except when I drag the report to the desktop---- things aren't lined up nice anymore..... The report is standard 132 cols.....Might there be something I am overlooking, or another way to do this ??? thanks for the help Rob

We do a lot of this with Ops Nav to email reports to our salesmen. Some of these reports are 132 and 198 col. After dragging the spool report to the desktop it is now an ascii file. I use Wordpad to open it to be sure it is displaying correctly. In Wordpad, under the view pull down menu, select 'options', then the Word tab. You'll see a check box for Word wrap. Good luck, Dean

Comment

If you are using outlook or outlook express as your email program, simply click on the spool file in ops. nav. then right click and use the send to option to make it even faster. Only works if you are using Outlook product. Robert

Comment

If you are using Outlook family for email, you can simply click on the spoolfile then right click on it and use the send option to send it out. Robert

Comment

If you are going to do this on a regular basis, you might want to invest in a utility program on the AS/400 to send spool as email attachement. We purchase spoolmail from gumbo. It is not expensive (about 500$) and it works great. The spool file can be converted in several formats including PDF.

Comment

Excuse me for butting in here, but did you say $500.00 or is the decimal in a different place, We also could use the Gumbo software but the price quote I got was VERY different from that if that is correct. Thanks Robert

Comment

No, I did not make a typo. The price was about 500.00 us$

Comment

Great, May I have the contact name and phone number at Gumbo, we priced it for our 620 at $4500.00 each copy, so I would much rather get a price quote from the person at Gumbo that you bought it from. Thanks in advance for your help. Robert

Comment

I tried this but cannot get the file across correctly. When I right click and get the send option I do not have the choice to enter an e-mail address, just directory entry information. Do I need something configured in there for this to work? I also tried just dragging and droping into an e-mail message. does create an attachment, but is not accessable at the other end...

Comment

ajabare wrote: > I tried this but cannot get the file across correctly. When I right > click and get the send option I do not have the choice to enter an > e-mail address, just directory entry information. Do I need something > configured in there for this to work? I also tried just dragging and > droping into an e-mail message. does create an attachment, but is not > accessable at the other end... The easiest way is just to drag it to the desktop and then once it's there, you can drag it to your email. Bill

Comment

Gumbo's prices are by processor group, so will vary depending on the size of your machine. You should also check out ariadne's CoolSpools product. See www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/CoolSpls.htm. When combined with ariadne's Communique email product, this lets you email spooled files in PDF, Excel and other formats. Prices are also processor group based (see www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk/pricing.htm) but are significantly more affordable than Gumbo's at the top end of the range.

Comment

Another great product is PDFing, which enables you to send the reports in PDF format. There is minimal setup on the AS/400 as the conversion is done in your PC or on a server, if you have that version. If is very reasonable and the support is great. We use it for many different reports - one of which is to send picking/packing slips to a warehouse (includes barcodes also). Go to www.pdfing.com.

Comment

Hello, we also have something in our "manufactory": i4Spool Have a look at http://www.goering.us or http://www.goering.de for more informations and free downloads. Best Regards Andreas Goering

Comment

Then there's my CPYSPLFPDF product, which doesn't currently do the email, but it has an exit program which allows you to call your own program to do whatever you want. It's very easy to set up an output queue monitor using our MONOUTQ command; any spooled files sent to that output queue will be converted, and then the exit program called, so that you can completely automate the process. Not only that, but CPYSPLFPDF is cheaper than other alternatives. Take a look: http://www.plutabrothers.com/PBDWeb/p0.html You can download a 30-day trial and see how well the product works. We have dozens of customers, including Major League Baseball and Infinum Software. Joe

Comment

Advanced Systems Concepts' product ESEND can convert to PDF, do report bursting & routing & emailing.

Comment

Working...
                              X