Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    replied
    I have a lot of word documents on my PC. And one day something happened with theirs. I used the Google and noticed there a tool, which aided me quite simply and maybe can help in your condition - word repair.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    PCSPCO002 Error - Calling Excel/Word Doc. From AS/400

Charles,
    I think you should convert the process to have your first document/spreadsheet do all of the processing via macros. It should run much faster and you will probably eliminate the problems you are experiencing.
    The best way would be to combine the method mentioned above, but download all of the records to process and then have the process be called only once, with the macro doing all of the work.
    Bill
    Thank You, the command being used is as follows: STRPCCMD PCCMD('C:Progra~1MSOFFICEOFFICEEXCEL + C:TERMPO~1SPLT-95') PAUSE(*NO). This CL is a looping type of program. It will process 2 standard Word Doc. (no AS/400 data loaded), then an Excel sheet (one AS/400 record loaded), then 4 more standard Word Doc(no AS/400 data loaded). The process is then repeated for the next AS/400 record. The CL may run and process up to 68 different spreadsheets and doc. before the PCSPCO002 message is received. There is no pattern that can be established with the message, sometimes appearing during the printing of an excel sheet, next time a word doc. Once received, no more Excel or Word Doc. can be processed until the PC is rebooted.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

did the START modification work? As I stated above, the one I use causes no problems, but I'm not doing the volumne that you are...

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Charles, I believe if you change your command to this: STRPCCMD PCCMD('Start C:TERMPO~1SOME-DOC.XLS') PAUSE(*NO) and not specify the .EXE, then each document will be opened in the same copy of the .EXE (like WINWORD.EXE - depends on the file extension) instead of loading multiple copies of the .EXE in memory. This may save you some memory and prevent the crash. Chris

Leave a comment:

• R.Daugherty
    replied

If I read his scenario right, Joe, loading and unloading those Office apps for every record is probably pushing Windows further than it wants to go, as in where do you want to go today... More memory would just delay the crash, a new version of Windows and Office could eliminate the bug or create a new set of bugs, hard to tell which would be more cost effective. Maybe a newer version of Office still running under 98 in 64 MEG is cheapest first shot... Ralph

Leave a comment:

• J.Pluta
    replied

That's actually a fairly small machine these days. 64MB of RAM disappear pretty quickly. I'm running 512MB at home for Windows 2000, and most of my out of memory issues have disappeared. You may want to consider upgrading the OS on your PC. I'd save that as a last resort if you don't get any better advice from someone else. Joe

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

The P.C. Unit is a DELL V400 C - Pentium II 64.MB Ram Running Windows 98 - 4.10.1998 Thank You for the response.

Leave a comment:

• J.Pluta
    replied

You may just be out of memory. What OS are you using on the PC? Most versions of Windows have severe memory leaks, especially with Client Access, that might cause an out-of-memory condition. Joe

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Thank You, the command being used is as follows: STRPCCMD PCCMD('C:Progra~1MSOFFICEOFFICEEXCEL + C:TERMPO~1SPLT-95') PAUSE(*NO). This CL is a looping type of program. It will process 2 standard Word Doc. (no AS/400 data loaded), then an Excel sheet (one AS/400 record loaded), then 4 more standard Word Doc(no AS/400 data loaded). The process is then repeated for the next AS/400 record. The CL may run and process up to 68 different spreadsheets and doc. before the PCSPCO002 message is received. There is no pattern that can be established with the message, sometimes appearing during the printing of an excel sheet, next time a word doc. Once received, no more Excel or Word Doc. can be processed until the PC is rebooted.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

What is the structure of the pc command? Here is how I am doing it: STRPCCMD PCCMD("Crogram filesmicrosoft officeofficewinword" \system nameQDLSdocname) and this works fine. hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic PCSPCO002 Error - Calling Excel/Word Doc. From AS/400

We have a CL program calling various Excel and Word doc. depending on the state being process. We are receiving error message "PCSPCO002- PCO command processor(PCSPCOC.EXE) failed: CreateProcess return code -8'. We are running CA400 3.2/Windows98/Office97. Error code within IBM states to reload CA, which we have done several times. Problem still occurs. Any insight.
Working...
X