CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA/400 Ops Nav Error

It sounds as if Netserver has not been set up. From Ops Nav go into servers, and then Netserver to see if it is up and well. If you need help, there is an IBM redbook at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com about Netserver. Dave

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

The Netserver is up and running and I can access the shared folders that I have created. I can not see any of the IBM supplied folders QCA400 QIBM etc ... Last night I decided to de-install and re-install CA on my machine. Still no improvement.

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Jim,
      The Netserver is up and running and I can access the shared folders that I have created. I can not see any of the IBM supplied folders QCA400 QIBM etc ...
      You have to share them. Open up the Netserver from O.N. Expand the Shared Objects. My "QCA400" is setup as following:
      Share Name: QCA400
      Description: CA/400
      Access: Read Only
      No Max on users.
      Path Name: /QCA400
      And no text conversion.
      Share Name: QIBM
      Description: IBM Product Directories
      Access: Read/Write
      No Max.
      Path Name: /QIBM
      No text conversion.
      These were already set up for us, don't know why yours weren't as well.
      Bill

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Try re-installing CA and this time install everything, some of the options handle the file sharing and allowing access to some of these folders, I had this problem until I reloaded with the complete option, also you can add a library to your list for access. Robert

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Just this last week, something changed on our system and suddenly none of us can get to the IFS - we get the same message you posted about checking the path (don't you think these messages could be more helpful?). - we have our suspicions about a demo/free-trial software library that was deleted last week - it may have to do with either an exit program, or a file allocation error - we're still hunting it down. Why am I responding to you? I would like to know if this problem just started or if you have never been able to access the file system. At the same time as the removal of the supposedly inert library, our '400 began spewing apar stuff for program QP0FEPFS. Probably all coincidental, but.....?

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Well, after posting that message last friday, I discovered that my problem went away after we re-IPLed the machine this weekend...... I guess a reboot is not just for PC's anymore. Still don't know why it happened, but it is gone now, and we're satisfied with that

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

I also did a re-ill this weekend however, it did not seem to fix the problem. I was able to get the IBM folder available by putting a share in the NetServer ... don't know why it vanished.

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

This was working just fine. It just suddenly started happening and I'm really not sure about what was changed to make it stop working. The file shares on the Netserver mysteriously changed to I was at least able to get the QIBM file system available on the Network Neighborhood, however, the file systems access from Ops Nav is still not working. I'm running V4R2 so I think it may be time to bite the bullet and see if I can get V4R5 installaed.

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

I seem to have a similar but different problem with Ops Nav which I cannot solve. (AS/400 720 OS/400 R4.5 OPS NAV R4.4.0) I have scanned various forums and IBM tech. corners for an answere to the following problem without success: I open OPS NAV; expand Network, Servers and TCP; Right-click on NetServer, then Properties and.... I get the message "A communications error occurred trying to start an AS/400 conversation" I press OK and get the Properties screen, but cannot access it in any way. If I click on Basic OPerations; Printer output ==> all OK, get the spool files, but... If I click on Basic OPerations; Printers ==> get "Unable to load the AS/400 NetServer Print Shares. The printers will not show share information". If I click on File Systems; file shares ==> "The AS/400 NetServer name could not be retreived.Access to the shares may not be available" And so on. I cannot access NetServer in any way. All the jobs like QZLSSERVER, QNPSERVD, QNPSERVS are running and the sbs QSERVER & QSYSWRK are active. TCP/IP is up and running. All Client access Express sessions run normally as do all communications functions. Upload/download works fine. A telnet session can easily be set up. NETSTAT *CNN gives me the correct ** netbios > display. As far as I can tell, all permissions are set correctly. Everything used to work fine until after I used IBM's AS/400 Internet Setup Wizard. This may have nothing to do with my problem, but it seemed to occur directly after using it. Other PC's on the LAN experience the same access problems with OPS NAV as described above. OPS NAV is in fact totally unusable for our shop. The error messages do not have an error code which I can look up. I cannot reset ASA/400 Netserver as I cannot access it via OPS NAV. Peter

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Peter, What is the result of Right-clicking the Connection in ON and selecting Verify Connection? Bill "peter nesteroff" wrote in message news:1de67b7d.8@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > I open OPS NAV; expand Network, Servers and TCP; Right-click on NetServer, then Properties and.... > I get the message "A communications error occurred trying to start an AS/400 conversation" > I press OK and get the Properties screen, but cannot access it in any way.

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Hi y'all, I am having a problem getting my Ops Nav to work correctly. Everything seems to work just file until I select the File Systems option. When I do I get an error message to check my communications path to the 400 ... which I know to be just fine. On a possibly related matter when I select my AS/400 from the Network Neighborhood I see only the printers and none of the file systems. I have verified that there is a directory entry for my userid, all of the host servers are up and running, and that I have enable file and printer sharing on my PC. I sure could use some additional suggestions.

Comment

CA/400 Ops Nav Error

Bill My AS/400 Connections explore Open Add AS/400 connection Environments Open AS400 name signed on user(me) right clicking, Verify Connection, i get successfully connected to serv appl. central client, then Network file, Network Print, Data Access, Data queues, Remote Command, Security, Telnet Connection verified to system Peter

Comment

Working...
                        X