Data Transfer to PC very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Transfer to PC very slow

Try FTPing something large to that PC for a test - that will help you isolate the problem. If FTP is fast, that will tell you that it's not a comm problem.

Tracy, I have heard of situations like this occur because the LAN card in the 400 was not configured correctly. Make sure that if the 400 card is hooked up to a switch instead of a hub, that it's set to Full-Duplex - otherwise it needs to be half-duplex. Bill "Tracy Peters" wrote in message news:22843c3e.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > We recently upgraded our AS/400 to a model 820 with V4R5M0. We use client Access for NT Ver V3R2M0 SP59923. Monthly we download 8 files totalling about 170 MB. Before our upgrade this download process took about 30 minutes, now it takes over 4 hours. I use a batch file with the command rtopcb /s /f filelist.txt (where filelist.txt contains the 8 tto files). I even tried running the 8 tto files individually, though it took somewhat less time it was still over 3 hours. I also tried installing Client Access Express V4R5 but there was no difference. What next?

Comment

Tracy Peters, did you ever find out what caused your data transfer to be so slow? We are having the same problem on an 810 V5R2 in May 2003. Everything else on the new machine is screaming fast.

Comment

We recently upgraded our AS/400 to a model 820 with V4R5M0. We use client Access for NT Ver V3R2M0 SP59923. Monthly we download 8 files totalling about 170 MB. Before our upgrade this download process took about 30 minutes, now it takes over 4 hours. I use a batch file with the command rtopcb /s /f filelist.txt (where filelist.txt contains the 8 tto files). I even tried running the 8 tto files individually, though it took somewhat less time it was still over 3 hours. I also tried installing Client Access Express V4R5 but there was no difference. What next?

Comment

I think our problem was a combination of things and I can't tell you which solved the problem. Here are things to look at If the AS400 is connected to a switch. See if it is set to half duplex instead of full duplex. We upgraded to the latest Novell workstation client We upgraded to CA Express We applied the lastest service pack for CA Express. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X