ODBC - Unexpected Return Code 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBC - Unexpected Return Code 4

Oddly, this problem only seems to occur if I am connected to the AS/400 specified in the DSN with a profile that is different from my NT login name.

Does it happen on any particular data type? Are you up to date on CA service packs? Just some thoughts that come to mind...

Comment

I don't think that the data type is not relevant as the error occurs before I can even connect to the AS/400 - on the ADO Connection.Open() call. I am on Client Access Express V4R4M0. This version is the one included by my company in the desktop build... I don't think I can change it as quickly as I need. I have to try to work around this quickly. I've also noticed that the login box does not pop up automatically if I am not connected to the target AS/400. (I get the same error as above in this case.) I'm sure that it used to. Thanks, Andy

Comment

You should probably make sure you're on the latest service packs for V4R4. You can find them here. Heopfully someone else can chime in with a quick answer, if that doesn't help :-).

Comment

Thanks. I'll try the service pack.

Comment

Andrew, Have you tried going through and re-configuring the DSN? One other option might be to delete and recreate. Bill > Oddly, this problem only seems to occur if I am connected to the AS/400 specified in the DSN with a > profile that is different from my NT login name.

Comment

I am trying to connect to an AS/400 using ADO though Excel, but for some AS/400 systems I receive the following error: Communication Link Failure. Comm RC=4 - CWB0999 - Unexpected error - unexpected return code 4. This is not happing for all our AS/400s, but I can't see any differences in, say, the DSN settings. Does anyone have any further information on this message? Thanks, Andy

Comment

Working...
              X