Client Access VBS Macro's and other Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access VBS Macro's and other Apps

To: RasleyD@Schwebels.com, balazs.vojtek@id-software.sk Subject: Launch Application from VBScript Thanks to those who tried to help. Here's what I found out. There is an obscure reference to this functionality in the following notes and if you call IBM there is an electronic PMR reminding us of how VB interprets its commands (i.e., tokens before functions). Of course you know that Client Access is part of a larger product called Personal Communications as in PC5250. ************************************************** ************************** * IBM eNetwork Personal Communications V4.30 * * for Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT * * * * Read Me - Please ! * * (README.TXT) * ************************************************** ************************** First Edition ------------- This document contains information supplementary to the online Help and the Publications; it includes such things as newly-added function, hints, tips, restrictions and corrections. For information on installing Personal Communications, please refer to the online Help for the INSTALL program. Thank you for choosing Personal Communications V4.3! =========================================== * Launch Application from VBScript (CSD1) =========================================== Personal Communications now supports starting an application file from within a VBScript. To accomplish this a new automation object has been introduced. autSystem is the new object and Shell is the new method. The prototype is as follows: function autSystem.Shell "ExeName",["Parameters"],[WindowStyle] as long Parameters : ExeName - String; the path and filename to the executable file. Parameters - String, optional; any parameters you wish to pass on to the application WindowStyle - Integer, optional; the window style that you want the application started as. The valid values are: AUTSYS_SHOW = 1 - show normal with focus AUTSYS_SHOWMINIMIZED = 2 - show minimized with focus AUTSYS_MAXIMIZE = 3 - show maximized AUTSYS_SHOWNA = 4 - show normal without focus AUTSYS_MINIMIZE = 5 - show minimized without focus The default is AUTSYS_SHOW. Return: long - If the value is less than 32 it indicates an error has occured. example: to run notepad from within a VBScript autSystem.Shell "Notepad.exe", "c: est.txt" , 1 This will start notepad with the file c: est.txt loaded in a Normal window with focus. This is great news but it wouldn't hurt them to remind folks that if they want to use a string variable for Parameters then the call should look like this: autSystem.Shell "Notepad.exe", Char(34) & stringvar & Char(34) , 1 That's what's in the electronic PMR.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Cool stuff! Brian

Comment

I wish to invoke an async application using data scraped from my emulation screen via a VBS-type macro. Is there a shell or run command that will let me do this and how can I invoke it? Run seems only to work in Macro-type macro's and shell or WshShell don't seem to be available. Point me to or send me a sample?

Comment

MC has publish an article named Beef up client access macronss with vbscript in issue july 2000.

Comment

Working...
        X