IFS & map network drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS & map network drive

When this happens to me, I go into the PC and make sure that it asks for a userid and password on the Windows side. Then I make the Windows userid/password the same as my AS/400 userid/password. That usually solves the problem. Most of the time, I find that the PC is not set up to ask for a userid/password or the userid is "Default" and the the userid/password prompt is bypassed. Usually the password it wants is the password that goes with the "Default" userid and I have never figured out what that is ...

IFS & map network drive

Thanks for the idea. I think on the old box I have a USER ID called DEFAULT. It's funny because after I posted the first message mapping the drive worked just fine using older versions of CA on other machines.

Comment

IFS & map network drive

I have a new Iseries box (V5R1) I am trying to get configured. Im using CA Express 4.3. for the time being. When I try to "map a network drive" to QDLS it sits a few minutes and asks for a password. (no USERID just a password) I know I've seen this before but I'm not sure how to get around it. I have no idea what password it is looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

IFS & map network drive

If you are using the Client Access Express you will need to set up NetServer. Client Access Express does not support mapping of network drivers like the older client. NetServer can be access by using operations navigator.

Comment

Working...
        X