Client Access for DOS Extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Access for DOS Extended

You can still run CA/400 V3R2 under OS/400 V4R5 and even higher. And yes IBM still supports CA/400 V3R2! CA/400 V3R2 is the last release AFAIK that provides DOS 5250 emulation, and other DOS support. The product code would be 5763-XD1 or 5769-XW1 for the full CA/400 V3R2 package. You better check out these product numbers as I am not fully sure of them. The nicest part is that you can run CA/400 V3R2 on some clients, and CA/400 V4R5 on others. You must have 5769-XE1 installed on the 400 in order to do this. Dave

Thanks for your prompt response. I have 5769-XW1 which includes XE1 (Express V4R5), XD1 (W95/NT V3R2), and XK1 (W3.1 V3R1). The CD I have for XW1 does not contain any of the DOS clients. Are you saying that the servers for XD1 will support the old DOS clients? My concern is the labeling of XD1 as a Windows client. I also assume that I should let the install remove my old 5763-XB1 which was orignally the Dos for Extended Memory product. Does this sound about right?

Comment

We are currently running OS/400 V4R4 and want to move to V4R5. We have two PC's running proprietary DOS software that are connected via twinax to our AS/400 using the DOS Extended client. According to what I can gather, the DOS Extended client is 5763-XB1 V3R1M1. When I run the pre-install for V4R5, 5763-XB1 gets flagged for removal from our machine since it is no longer supported. I cannot move to V4R5 if the DOS clients will no longer work. I do not care if they are not supported, as long as they still work. I saw several postings regarding people running V3R2 DOS Clients. I checked the QCA400/EXTDOS/QIWSFL2 directory on our 400 and the QPTFIDX file refers to V3R1M1. IBM has outdone themselves in confusing me! I suppose my question is, is anyone successfully running CA/400 for DOS Extended under V4R5, specifically shared folders and data queue function? Thanks in advance for any help, advice, or divine intervention.

Comment

You should be able to obtain a CD-ROM with CA for DOS (ext) on it. Contact your support rep. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X