Win2000 and CA Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2000 and CA Express

When you installed CA Express on the Win2000 machines, did you log on as Administrator or a user with administrative priviledges?

Win2000 and CA Express

One point easy to overlook when going to CA Express (any release) is the HOSTS file in the C:Windows directory. This file should contain the IP address of your AS/400 and the system name. For a template, copy the (hopefully existing) HOSTS.SAM file, also in c:windows. Dave

Comment

Win2000 and CA Express

One note: On Win2K, the HOSTS file should be stored in C:winntsytem32driversetc WinME, Win98 and Win98 store the HOSTS file in the C:Windows directory.

Comment

Win2000 and CA Express

I have an account that is using a combination of Windows 98 and windows 2000 PCs. The Win98 PCs are connecting via CA V3R2M0 (tcp/ip) with no problems. However I cannot get the Win2000 clients to connect. I've downloaded the most recent service packs and still no change. When creating the connection using the system name I get an error indicating the system name is wrong. When connecting by IP I get an error stating that the AS400 application has not been started. I can ping the AS400 IP successfully. Any ideas? Thanks for all suggestions. Serena

Comment

Win2000 and CA Express

Also, you didn't mention the version of Client Access Express that you are trying to run on Windows 2000. Client Access for Windows95/NT v3R2 is not supported on Windows 2000. Be sure to get Client Access Express. For that matter, we just put CAE on Win98 PC's too and don't use CA for Win95/NT anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X