Javabean Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javabean Question

Ray, Not really sure which, but I would pretty much guess that if this is running natively, the job running WebSphere has to have the correct library list, if it runs through a server it would be the server job library list that counts. One other point to consider is that you may need to modify your RPG program because it will be running as a threaded job. That can affect file overides and you may need to specify serialize for the RPG program. You might consider using a data queue and a never ending job for your RPG program to run in where the RPG program is waiting on a data queue. That might end up being simpler. David Morris

Javabean Question

Dave, Thanks for the response. I'll look into that. Unfortunately, I didn't write the RPG program so I won't be able to modify it. I will pass your suggestions to the developer after I straighten out the library issue. Thanks again! Ray

Comment

Javabean Question

The connection object you use to call your RPG program can have the library list changed that it will use when you actually execute the call method. Also, since your connection requires an iSeries user profile to sign on, you could set the profile's job descripiton with an initial library list.

Comment

Javabean Question

Hello, Our shop is running Websphere 2.0 Standard on v45. I would like to wrap an RPG program in a Javabean that uses the ProgramCall and ProgramParameter objects from the Toolbox. The problem is that the program requires a specific library list in order for it to execute. I'm not familiar enough with Websphere to determine if it's the app server that needs the library list or the user that invokes the bean. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Ray

Comment

Working...
        X