Audit single user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audit single user

Dave, The best way to audit an individual users is to use the CHGUSRAUD CL command. You can turn on these types of auditing for an individual: *SECURITY, *SERVICE, *SPLFDTA, *SYSMGT, *CMD, *CREATE, *DELETE, *JOBDTA,*OBJMGT, *OFCSRV, *OPTICAL, *PGMADP, and *SAVRST. The audit records a placed in the QAUDJRN audit journal. The *CMD option does audit the commands the user uses but this is not the same as a job log. Ed Fishel

Audit single user

Hi Dave In the user profile you'll find the parameters "Object auditing value". By using the command CHGUSRAUD you can define, what has to be audited for this person. The document GG24-4200-00 gives you further information or take a look at Ed's response. The following link shows you the above mentioned document: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bi...QB3AGO03/INDEX Rgds. Robert

Comment

Audit single user

Robert: I set for a *file object (in CL CHGOBJAUD) the parameter OBJAUD=*USRPRF, and for a user profile (in CL CHGUSRAUD) OBJAUD=*ALL. But when I print a report for that user profile with DSPJRN the access to the file does not appear. What is wrong? Thanks.

Comment

Audit single user

To me this seems kinda creepy. If you are the person's manager, have you considered talking to the person? What exactly is the nature of the stuff you think the programmer shouldn't be doing? Do you need to catch the person in the act before you can fire them? Is this a prima donna type person that you're afraid of? While auditing is the way to go (it should be set up for all users anyway), simple manager/worker dialog ought to be attempted.

Comment

Audit single user

I dislike being blunt; but... If you are the manager and don't know what an employee is doing maybe your boss needs to look around for a manager. bobh

Comment

Audit single user

Dave Are you the persons manager or the "merc" asked to setup the monitoring? Phil

Comment

Audit single user

Norberto, I can think of three possibilities: 1. The audited file was not accessed in the time period that was being audited. 2. The options used on the DSPJRN command were not correct so you missed the (ZR and ZC ?) audit records. 3. Normally file objects are only audited at the time they are opened. So if the user started an application that opened the file at 8:00 and you do not turn on auditing until 8:15 you will not see the audit record even though the user made updates to the file until 9:00. Ed Fishel

Comment

Audit single user

We are looking to monitor a programmer who may be doing some things he shouldn't. We'd like to get his job logs printed. But, I don't want to change SIGNOFF to *list the job log. Does anyone have any ideas as how to monitor this employee? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Audit single user

Ed: Thanks for your information. But the real problem was the SYSVAL QAUDCTL. It must set with the *OBJAUD value. Thanks again. Norberto.

Comment

Working...
                  X