Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the IFS be forced to use the DTAAUT(*INDIR) and OBJAUT(*INDIR) keywords on FTP uploads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the IFS be forced to use the DTAAUT(*INDIR) and OBJAUT(*INDIR) keywords on FTP uploads?

Can the IFS be forced to use the DTAAUT(*INDIR) and OBJAUT(*INDIR) keywords on FTP uploads? The software package I use uploads files to the IFS using FTP. But the authority given to the directory, and files, and/or objects, is only that of the user doing the upload(FTP). What I need to do is add a group profile, or two, to every directory from a given branch down the directory tree. The software creates the directories as needed. This is what I tried…. 1) Changed the authority on the parent directory to include the needed group profiles. 2) Deleted a child directory(s). 3) Recreated the child directory using FTP through the software. No group profiles for the created directories or file(s). 4) Then I tried just creating a new directory, same result, group profiles not included. Nothing is working. Is that because FTP does not know about the keywords DTAAUT and OBJAUT? Can I not get what I need? It seems like when FTP creates a directory it ignores the DTAAUT(*INDIR) and OBJAUT(*INDIR) keywords of the parent directory. The defaults are *INDIR(inherit Directory) for the MKDIR command, they have not been changed by a CHGCMDDFT entry. What am I missing?
Working...
X