Inactive Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inactive Users

Karen, I'm not sure where you can download a CL program to take care of this, but you can search the forum for QINACTITV and find an entry with a CLP by Bill Robins which does basically what you will need to do. Bruce

Inactive Users

I am not able to use the system value QINACTITV because I have special users that are required to stay signed on 24 hours a day, I would like to be able to end the other users that have no activity after the period of time set in the system value. I understand there is a CL available for down loading that would allow me to end those inactive users but I would be able to leave those special 24 hours users active. How can I locate this CL?

Comment

Inactive Users

1. Create OUTQ INACTJOB or whatever name you prefer. 2. Change SYSVAL QINACTMSGQ to point to this outqueue. 3. change your system startup to do a submit job to run the following command in your controlling subsystem. STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INACTJOB) SRCFILE(MYSYSLIB/QREXSRC) You can submit this as a batch job our run it interactive for testing. The wait on message can be changed to *NOMAX to eliminate messages you do not want to see in the joblog from the program iterating after x minutes. /* REXX procedure to determine if an IDLE interactive job should be terminated */ /* TRACE ALL */ TEXT = SUBSTR(TEXT,1,80) /* Set Length To Receive Message */ DO FOREVER ADDRESS COMMAND, "RCVMSG MSGQ(MYSYS/INACTJOB) WAIT(3600) ", "MSG(&TEXT) MSGID(&MSGID) "; /* Parse Out Information In The Message Text */ PARSE VALUE TEXT WITH J JOBNBR "/" USER "/" DEVICE RESTMSG /* If No Message Recieved then Iterate */ IF MSGID <> 'CPI1126' THEN ITERATE /* Bypass Section */ SELECT WHEN USER = 'QSYSOPR' THEN NOP WHEN USER = 'ABCDEF' THEN NOP WHEN USER = 'MOWNER' THEN NOP OTHERWISE DO 'ENDJOB JOB('JOBNBR'/'USER'/'DEVICE') OPTION(*IMMED)' /* Wait For Job To End and Then Delete Dump&Log Printouts */ END; /* End OTHERWISE */ END; /* End Select */ END; /* End DO FOREVER */ ENDPGM: EXIT

Comment

Working...
      X