How to Check DST Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Check DST Password

You can check the status of, and when the password was last changed on, any USRPRF by using DSPUSRPRF.

Chris, I don't think DSPUSRPRF is the answer. My DST security-id is QSECOFR and it has a different password from my QSECOFR user profile.

Comment

The DsT-passwords can changed wiht the command CHGDSTPWD. Only the USRPRF QSECOFR can chance the DST- passwords. Changing the DST-passwords to default means that the D ST-passwords will be "QSECOFR", not the password of the user QSECOFR

Comment

Does anyone know how to check if (or when) the DST passwords have been changed without having to perform a manual IPL? I will be conducting a security check on all our AS/400s scattered over so many remote locations. This DST password check is the only reason I have to personally go to each site. If there is a way to remotely check this, then it may well save me a lot of weekend trips to the countryside.

Comment

Joachim, I suppose I can check when the CHGDSTPWD was last used. But this doesn't help for when the DST password is changed using a manual IPL. Note: It is my sad experience that when managing so many AS/400 boxes with diverse ownerships, sooner or later, one of the owners will order you to give the QSECOFR password to some supposedly "trusted" staff or visitors. But they still expect you to guard against any wrong-doing even if you are somewhere at the other end of the planet.

Comment

Working...
          X