AS400 ODBC library list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 ODBC library list

I have set up an ODBC connection to the AS400 , with a default library. Is there anyway that i can force the user, setup in the ODBC profile to have access just to the default library. As the help text states, the user can view this library , but it does not stop the accessing of files within other libraries. Obviously this is not very secure. I know one solution is to add the user into each authorised user list as *EXCLUDE except for the library required.(As i have *PUBLIC set up for access in each library)

AS400 ODBC library list

Steven, You could write your own exit program that looks at the SQL statement and reject requests for the wrong library. There are also security packages that do this out of the box. I know that Power Lock, Penta Safe, and Palace Guard do this sort of thing. They are all pretty expensive, but writing code that analyzes every possible situation starts to get expensive also. The root of the problem seems to be allowing *PUBLIC to libraries that you don't really want to be public. With all the different ways of accessing a file, you are probably best off attacking that area. David Morris

Comment

Working...
    X