Spool Options Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool Options Security

John, I find it hard to believe that the user ignores the delete confirmation screen when they accidentally key a 4 instead of a 5. You can solve this problem by taking away this users authority to the DLTSPLF command. Ed Fishel

Spool Options Security

Of course, if you have TAATOOLS installed, you could give the user DSPALLSPLF and they couldn't delete the file.
    chuck
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
    I have a user who needs to view a spool file only. However, periodically he accidentally presses a 4 instead of a 5 when selecting the spool file and thus deletes the spool file. Is there a way i can let him view the spool file and not give him access to the delete option.

Comment

Spool Options Security

I have a user who needs to view a spool file only. However, periodically he accidentally presses a 4 instead of a 5 when selecting the spool file and thus deletes the spool file. Is there a way i can let him view the spool file and not give him access to the delete option.

Comment

Spool Options Security

Ed, As hard as it is to believe.....this guy does it..... Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
        X