Inactive User Profile changed to Disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inactive User Profile changed to Disabled

Check the system value QPWDEXPITV We have ours set to 90 days. If a user does not sign on every 90 days the user profile becomes disabled. You can just Enable the user profile again - it will not require that the password be changed. Pat

My setting for QPWDEXPITV is set to NOMAX.

Comment

QPWDEXPITV only relates to the length of time before you must change your password. I don't believe it has anything to do with how frequently/infrequently a user signs on.

Comment

Users who have not signed on for a number of days are having their profiles disabled. My password expiration interval is set to nomax. Anyone know whats up? My system has been set with the same system values for over 2 years but this problem just started last week.

Comment

It appears that some unknowing individual has been hacking around in the security tools menu, and decided to see what the ANZPRFACT job does. This is option 4 of the SECTOOLS menu, and if activated submits a nightly job to the Job Scheduler to disable unused profiles for the number of days entered in the prompt. To confirm that this is the case, WRKJOBSCDE and look for job QSECIDL1 which is your offending job. Just delete it and everything should return to normal. Just be thankful that the inactive time period chosen was for a number of days. I know of one administrator, who obviously didn't know what he was doing, who decided on a Friday that he would activate the option to analyze all of the profiles for the last day, so he chose 1. If he had used option 2, and 3, to make sure certain profiles were excluded, he might have been safe, but there were no exclusions on his machine. Needless to say, by Sunday, with no activity for ANY, including QSECOFR, profile, they were ALL disabled by Monday A.M. Hello manual IPL!

Comment

Working...
          X