Limiting the time a user profile can and cannot logon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting the time a user profile can and cannot logon

Keith - Check out the 'activation schedule' from the SECTOOLS menu (GO SECTOOLS) HTH, Steve

Hello Steve, This is a very interesting tool. I did not know it was there. The big issue we usually have is keeping a user from signing on too many times. I have a program I got from IBM a few years ago that you put in the call stack of the initial program that keeps track of the user, and if they sign on over the allowed limit, it throws up a display file telling them they reached the max number of sessions. Are you aware of something better then this by chance.. Keith

Comment

How do you limit the time of day that a user profile can and cannot logon?

Comment

Keith - No, I'm not aware of a better way. Many installations have home-grown tools to accomplish this task with varying degrees of success. Most involved either data areas, files, or some variation of locking a particular object and most have trouble with abnormal termination of sessions or sessions that are automatically ended due to the auto-logoff feature. HTH, Steve

Comment

Working...
        X