Object Access and Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object Access and Performance

My best guess would be #4. This is strictly a performance question right? Dave

Vikci, I think the answer would be 2 since User authority is checked before any of the other answers. Actually OS/400 caches the authorities for the last 32 (or 64?) objects so the performance hit is only on the first lookup. I would also say that option 2 is the least practical and maintainable of the 4 answers! Authority checking offers in this sequence: UGPA, ALLOW SPECLIST (User, Group, Public, Adopted) and within each of those (*ALLOBJ, Owner, Specific Authority and Auth List) Chris Ringer

Comment

Actually, there's a flag in the object header that indicates if any specific authority is less that the *Public authority to the object. If not, the algorithm jumps right to Public authority and checks that. So, the answer is, it depends! Perhaps #4 is the correct answer. That's why I dislike multiple choice questions. I know this topic fairly well, but I could still pick the wrong answer. Chris

Comment

Hi, How would you answer the following question from IBM test: Which of the following methods of allowing access to an object will have the least impact on system performance? Possible answers: 1. Use adopted authority through the program 2. Give each user profile specific(private) authority to the object 3. Give specific(private) authority to the group's user profile 4. Use public authority for the object. Thanks, Vicki

Comment

Thanks everybody! I thought that question was a little confusing too. I am taking the test today. We will see. Regards, Vicki

Comment

Working...
          X