ODBC Exit Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBC Exit Point

Hello Everyone! I'm having a problem with my exit point and I'm hoping someone from you guys might be able to enlighten me. Scenario: I added an exit program to QIBM_QZDA_INIT exit point in an attempt to disable some users from having access to our AS/400 using ODBC. The program seemed to work fine but after my testing when I removed the program from the exit point, I just can't connect to my AS/400 using ODBC; not until 3 hours later. Aside from this, I'm also receiving an error , 'UNABLE TO START DATABASE SERVER', when I use my client access file transfer utility. My error code when I connect to my AS/400 via ODBC is 'Communication link failure - COMM RC = 0xc.' Is this normal after removing an exit point program? Why my client access file transfer utility affected? Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Best regards,Marlon

ODBC Exit Point

John, Thank you for the info you gave. I finally got my exit point working the way I wanted. The problem I had was on my program and authority access. But it will still not have worked without your info cause I have to re-start the prestart job associated with it which is not specified in the book. I found out that when you add an exit point program, you have to re-start the associated prestart job for the exit point program to take effect; but when you remove an exit point program, you don't need to re-start the associated prestart job for the change to take effect. I also didn't go up to the level of ending the QSERVER subsystem.

Comment

ODBC Exit Point

On Tuesday, December 02, 1997, 12:55 AM, Edgar Lopez wrote: 4. How can I disable the ODBC driver of the Client Access user's? (in the PC side). ODBC, like most other CA functions have exit points available. i have created an exit program that intercepts the ODBC requests, and filters out anything that i do not wnat done. we disallow update, delete, exec, etc. This allows ODBC access essentially on a read only basis, which we use for reporting. i can get you what i have, if you are interested. let me know. knittle@benteler.com

Comment

ODBC Exit Point

On Tuesday, December 02, 1997, 12:55 AM, Edgar Lopez wrote: 4. How can I disable the ODBC driver of the Client Access user's? (in the PC side).
        JEEZ; i thought it was shipped disabled.... Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

ODBC Exit Point

Marlon - I too want to secure ODBC using an exit program.. would you be willing to share your code for me to modify so I don't have to recreate the wheel? If so, please email me pontello@mail.welchallyn.com Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X