Keep track of some messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep track of some messages

Hi, We are in Software House company so the source is our essential. So we want to keep track of some message such as CPC7307 which will be sent to the joblog when source member was removed. And EDT0229 which will be sent to joblog when source member was changed. I would like to have these message sent to one message queue like the history log. So we can keep track later. Anybody please sugguest. Thanks.

Keep track of some messages

On Thursday, March 05, 1998, 10:42 PM, Panida wrote: Hi, We are in Software House company so the source is our essential. So we want to keep track of some message such as CPC7307 which will be sent to the joblog when source member was removed. And EDT0229 which will be sent to joblog when source member was changed. I would like to have these message sent to one message queue like the history log. So we can keep track later. Anybody please sugguest. Thanks. You might want to just track via auditing. Experiment with the request CHGOBJAUD Lib/SrcFile *FILE AUD(*CHANGE) after enabling object auditing in the system value QAUDCTL. After some changes of varying types (eg. RMVM, Edit, ADDPFM) make the request (replace CRP for the usrprf used for testing):
     DSPJRN JRN(QAUDJRN) JRNCDE((T)) ENTTYP(ZC) USRPRF(CRP) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILFMT(*TYPE1) OUTFILE(QTEMP/TRACKCHGS) 
    Review the SQL request results:
     SELECT JOENTL, JOSEQN, JOCODE, JOENTT, JODATE, JOTIME, JOJOB, JOUSER, JONBR, JOPGM, substr(joesd, 1, 1) as C, substr(joesd, 2, 10) as obj, substr(joesd, 11, 10) as lib, substr(joesd, 21, 10) as type, hex(substr(JOESD, 31, 1)) as X, hex(substr(joesd, 32, 1)) as Y, substr(JOESD, 33, 10) as mbr FROM qtemp/trackchgs 
    I do not have further info regarding the X & Y... but this should get you far enough to evaluate... then of course further action like actual source lines changed could use a VIEW definition (above SELECT on the outfile) to read and process the members (ie. to read the SRCDAT values, etc.). HTH. Regards, Chuck Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
    X