No Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Topic

I don't know if anyone has experienced this one yet. I ahven't seen it mentioned. It has to do with the QPADEVnnnnn virtual devices, CA/400 using TCP/IP, and the Inactivity Timer System Value. We have our Timer Value set to logoff devices after 15 minutes of no activity. Had no problem with this until we starting using CA/400 and TCP/IP. It doesn't matter whether the work station is remote (home)or local (LAN)connected. The sessions established never time out. I know I've overlooked something, but I don't know what. Any ideas?Thanks. Jack

No Topic

On Friday, March 06, 1998, 11:48 AM, Jack McGuigan wrote: I don't know if anyone has experienced this one yet. I ahven't seen it mentioned. It has to do with the QPADEVnnnnn virtual devices, CA/400 using TCP/IP, and the Inactivity Timer System Value. We have our Timer Value set to logoff devices after 15 minutes of no activity. Had no problem with this until we starting using CA/400 and TCP/IP. It doesn't matter whether the work station is remote (home)or local (LAN)connected. The sessions established never time out. I know I've overlooked something, but I don't know what. Any ideas? Thanks. Jack
    The waters are a little muddy, but from what I can gather, TCP/IP connections are not impacted by SYSVAL QINACTITV. I found a 1995 Q & A which stated such. However, in the V4R1 Security-Reference Manual, it states that *Client Access* connections are affected by QINACTITV SYSVAL. What about a Client Access TCP/IP connection??? Additionally, there are not yet available PTFs for V4R1 and V4R2 to allow QINACTITV to control TCP/IP jobs. I may be wrong, but I think the desired controls can be found with CHGTELNA and setting Inactivity Timeout and Timeout Timemark to something other than zero. Let me know if this works. Also, my first inclination was to ask you what the SYSVAL for QINACTMSGQ was set for. Whatever the case, I do not think it applies now.

Comment

No Topic

Thanks Matt. You were right. My setting for INACTTIM0 was zero. I've upped this to 900 seconds. The value for QINACTMSGQ is *ENDJOB.Regards. Jack

Comment

No Topic

Surprise! I got the answer for my own question. Last weekend during I do my house-work. I just realize of using AUDJRN. This morning I do test it with AUDLVL(*ALL) for my own source PF. But It not work, I can't find the journal receiver entries. It shouldn't be I think. So I try STRJRNPF to my source PF, it accept with no error message. I then do testing again. Surely, it works. One thing that make me think that we cannot use STRJRNPF for source PF is, I used to try UPDDTA to source PF and get some error message say that the file is not database file. Now I realize that system doing correctly. Because SRC-PF already have SEU for editing. But journaling is another story. Anyway, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
        X