Change Object Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Object Authority

Is there a command like CHGOBJAUT that would allow me to change *PUBLIC's access to a bunch of objects in a library? In fact, the only way I know to do this at all is via WRKOBJ, 1 object at a time. Is there no command to directly modify the authority of a user or users to an object (other than changing the owner) from the command line? How would you change authority in CL? On a more general note, if *PUBLIC has *CHANGE or *ALL authority to an object but there is also a specific assignment that grants a specific user *USE authority only, can that user modify the object?? Thanks in advance for any light shed on the darkness of my ignorance.

Change Object Authority

To do this to a bunch of objects, try GRTOBJAUT and/or RVKOBJAUT, grant and revoke object authority respectively. You can use these from command line or a CL pgm. To edit the authority on a single object interactively, try EDTOBJAUT. Derek

Comment

Change Object Authority

Easy, create a PDM option and run it for all objects in the library. GRTOBJAUT OBJ(&L/&N) OBJTYPE(&T) USER(*PUBLIC) AUT(*USE)

Comment

Working...
      X