Moving from Level 20 to 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from Level 20 to 30

This note will sound naive to most, I'm sure, but I'm new to AS/400 security and find it all very confusing. Here's the story: We are currently at Level 20, which works well for us, as we are a small office. With the exception of a handful of managers, all users are menu secured. We have just set up FTP with our client, which could create problems if they're not careful. What I'd like to do is set up a "mailbox" library, for them to send files to. I'd like to restrict them to only that library, which means resource security (level 30), but what would be the easiest way? This is opposite of the "normal" resource security - instead of limited access for all but a few users, we need limited access to only one user, with everyone else having relatively open access. Thanks a lot-

Moving from Level 20 to 30

On Monday, July 20, 1998, 02:59 PM, Jim Michie wrote: ..... instead of limited access for all but a few users, we need limited access to only one user, with everyone else having relatively open access .....
    One way is to grant current users *ALLOBJ authority (which is what they have now at level 20). Restrict public authority to those objects/files/libraries you need to protect. Create your new user profile without *ALLOBJ authority granting this user authority to the objects they need access to. Get a copy of Midrange Computing for May 1998 (i think?). There you will find several good articals on security. HTH .....

Comment

Working...
    X