System Console In Wrong Subsystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Console In Wrong Subsystem

I'll take a wild guess. Let's say you start up subsystem A, then a few minutes later start subsystem B. If a terminal is eligible to run in both subsystems (because of the workstation type and name entries), the terminal will get a signon screen when subsystem A starts. If no one signs on, then subsystem B will grab the terminal when it starts. So the first thing I'd make sure of is that the console can't run in the interactive subsystem, unless you run TFRJOB. That is, the workstation entry for the console in the interactive subsystem should specify AT(*ENTER), not AT(*SIGNON). As to why this just started happening when you changed back to the default display file, I'm wondering if something else got changed at the same time. Or maybe installing V4R2 replaced a subsystem description. On Wednesday, August 05, 1998, 09:47 AM, david mayle wrote: Recently I changed the sign on display file to a custom display file. I changed the signon screen in the controlling and interactive subsystems. Later I realized it was a bad idea to change the signon for the controlling subsystem and changed it back to the IBM default. Ever since then, the system console comes up in the controlling subsystem then switches into the interactive subsystem. We have to use the TFRJOB command to switch it back into the controlling subsystem. In addition we just went to V4R2....Is this some new security feature?

System Console In Wrong Subsystem

On Tuesday, August 11, 1998, 12:12 PM, Jack McGuigan wrote: ... - Not authorized to (virtual) device. Any one know how to get around this? It's counter productive since you can't grant (globally) authority to virtual devices before they're created. TIA Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Check the Create Authority parameter in the library object. When two go together one sees before the other.

Comment

Working...
    X