CHGJOB restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHGJOB restrictions

Does anyone know of a standard solution to restricting users from changing job & spool file priorities? All production users are currently part of a group profile that has *JOBCTL authority. Production jobs use CHGJOB command and cannot be affected. Does this require an exit program from CHGJOB command? In other words, we would like to be able to control who can and cannot change job priorities or attributes(such as jobq) by controlling a table of only those authorized to so. Any ideas would be appreciated!!

CHGJOB restrictions

There is a parameter on the User Profile called "Highest schedule priority." This is what the help says:
     Specifies the highest scheduling priority that the user is allowed to have for each job that is submitted to the system. That is, values specified on the Job priority (on JOBQ) prompt (JOBPTY parameter) and Output priority (on OUTQ) prompt (OUTPTY parameter) for any job command cannot exceed the specified value. The scheduling priority can have a value ranging from 0 through 9, where 0 is the highest priority and 9 is the lowest priority. 
    To me, this says that any job command (including CHGJOB) executed by the user using this profile is limited as far as how high they can set the priority. I would change all the users' who you don't want to change that value to whatever setting you have for your default priority. That way, no one change set there own jobs' priority higher than anyone elses. This still leaves people able to set OTHER jobs to a lower priority, though, so it is not a perfect solution. I guess you could change the default priority to 9, then set this value in everyone's profile to 9, then no one could change priorities on anything. People you wanted to give this capability to would have there profiles set to 3 or something. Just an idea. Never done this myself so I can't warn you about any pitfalls you might run into. Sorry. MichaelD

Comment

CHGJOB restrictions

If you want to control commands like CHGJOB only by your application, you may embed these commands in CL programs owned by a virtual user and use the owner authority for this program: CHGPGM PGM(CHGJOBCL) USRPRF(*OWNER) Then no real user needs *JOBCTL any more, only the virtual user needs it.

Comment

Working...
      X