System Value - QLMTDEVSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Value - QLMTDEVSSN

I want to learn if the default value of 1 (Limit users) is being used as recommended or if the value has been changed to 0 (Do Not Limit Users). This system value has become an issue with our internal auditors since they want us to use the default value of 1. Our response is that it will limit the user population productivity by restricting their PC to only one AS/400 session. Please send responses to virhuido.rios@exxon.com

I can understand where they are comming from wanting you to limit the number of devices a user can sign on to. If a user has access to critical information (like payroll) you don't want them to leave themselves signed on to multiple terminals. If they can sign on to more they one they may never know they left themselves signed on somewhere else. On the other hand you are correct, to limit some users to one sign on will have a negitive impact on production. Maybe you can compromise, you can set the "limit device sessions" at the user profile level. Set the default to 1 and change the users you want to give multiple session to to 0 in their user profile. Or vise versa, but auditors usally go for the more secure solution.

Comment

In these days where nearly everyone accesses the AS/400 from a PC, and all of these PC emulation products allow multiple connections, I really doubt that you will be able to set the QLMTDEVSSN to 1 and get away with it. The user community is too used to being abe to sign on multiple times for this to be practicle, IMHO, jte

Comment

Working...
      X