IFS Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Files

I'm hoping someone can answer this: We have a batch job that copies data from a QSYS file into a subfolder on the IFS. I want to give *PUBLIC read authority to the IFS file. When the file is copied, *PUBLIC has *EXCLUDE, even though the folder has *RX authority specified for *PUBLIC. Is there a way I can "default" authority on these files to *PUBLIC *RX without specifically issuing a CHGAUT on them? Thanks in advance!

IFS Files

I had the same problem just today. I ended up adding the CHGAUT command to give *PUBLIC access to the IFS file. I can understand the logic being used by IBM here for security of IFS files, but it's still a pain :-) Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

IFS Files

I think you can do that if your folder is under QDLS.

Comment

IFS Files

This seems to be a "feature" (IMO a defect) of CPYTOSTMF... If I use FTP or map the IFS to my PC and drop a PC file on to it then in both cases the file created allows *PUBLIC access. Out of curiosity I also tried CRTDIR DIR('/dcbye') DTAAUT(DCBYE) OBJAUT(*NONE) where the authority list allows PUBLIC *ALL. Again CPYTOSTMF ignored this while the other means created files with the authority list attached. I checked the CL Reference manual and could not find anything about why CPYTOSMTMF should have different security. As a work around perhaps you could use the CPY command This seems to give authority to the stream file created that matches the database file from where the copy was performed. David P.S. I suggest you submit this to IBM for comment. (I can see their response..."we'll update the manual to reflect this behaviour ")

Comment

Working...
        X