PTF Sav files and QGPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTF Sav files and QGPL

I proposed the same question regarding save files to IBM. Today I finally got an answer. Apparently, the save files are not getting cleaned up for some unknown reason (IBM really couldn't tell unless they got on my system). However they said the save files could be deleted providing and ONLY providing the corresponding PTF is Permanently applied. I'm going to clean up these saves files...you proceed as you wish. Question 2: Does the history log or help text provide any additional information? Kim

PTF Sav files and QGPL

We have a big system cleanup operation going on and we have found Library QDOC is taking up 22% of our system. We beleive this to be our *DOC objects which go back to 1998. Is there some way to purge QDOC and our documents safely? Any help would be much appreciated, Roland Goldsack - London

Comment

PTF Sav files and QGPL

I two questions. 1. I noticed that some PTFs that are temp applied still have a save file in QGPL. While others don't. Why is that? 2. I have a PTF that will apply. It is set to apply at the next IPL but it doesn't. (I have IPLed twice.) I get an error message stating, " Program temporary fixe can only be loaded, applied and removed for products which are installed. When I do GO LICPGM the it shows the licensed program as installed. (I used option 10) Any suggestions? this object is in limbo. I can't load, apply, or delete it. Thanks in advance. tim

Comment

PTF Sav files and QGPL

Have you run RCLDLO as part of a general cleanup? You may want to do this first. You should also run the QRYDST command to an outfile to see if there are any distributions that should be cleaned up. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X