X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP Network Problem

You might have to ENDHOSTSVR *ALL and then SRHOSTSVR *ALL

TCP/IP Network Problem

What you need to do is to ENDTCP, then do the WRKCFGSTS *LIN command. Vary off the ethernet line. When that's done, put a 1 next to the line(to vary on) and press F4. Where it says RESET=*NO, change that to *YES, press enter. Do the STRTCP command, and that should fix your problem.

Comment

TCP/IP Network Problem

I've had this happen several times. What should work is to first type WRKCFGSTS *LIN, vary off the ethernet line. When that's done, put a 1 (to vary on)next to the ethernet line, then press F4, where it says RESET=*NO, change that to *YES, press Enter. Then do the STRTCP command, which also starts the Host servers (with ver. 4). That should do the trick.

Comment

TCP/IP Network Problem

I attempted all of the solutions so far but still seem to always IPL. Our system takes only 10 minutes to bring up and this only occurs once a quarter if we are lucky. Thanks for your input.

Comment

TCP/IP Network Problem

Randy, I just encountered the circumstances you mentioned. We did not have to IPL. After restarting TCP/IP, I was puzzled why we could not yet connect to the AS/400. So, I went to the TCP/IP configuration menu (via CFGTCP) and selected option 1 (Work with TCP/IP interfaces). To my surprise, I noticed that our interfaces were inactive. All I did was start up our interfaces and we were back in business again.

Comment

TCP/IP Network Problem

We have a model 170 that is included on our network of five NT servers. The building is CAT-5 with Intel switches. Recently we have had problems with the switches that have required them to be powered down in sequence and then restarting in reverse order. My problem is that when the switches are powered back up, nobody can see the AS/400 on the network. I have tried to end TCP/IP and vary off the NIC card and then restart but this to does not allow the users to see the AS/400. Eventually I perform an IPL and this allows users access to the box. Is there a correct method to shutting down services and then restarting that will allow access to the AS/400 without IPLing? I am missing something. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

TCP/IP Network Problem

Thanks for the idea. I never thought about looking there. Glad I am not the only one who has encountered this type of problem.

Comment

Working...
              X