Retrieve Disk Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve Disk Information

Steve, Submit the RTVDSKINF command to run in batch. It is quite a long running job, so it is not allowed to run interactively. Bruce

Steve, RTVDSKINF is a monster and must be submitted as a batch job. It's best to run it when the system is quiet - late at night at the weekend usually. The simplest way is to add it to the OS/400 built in scheduler using WRKJOBSCDE. Dave...

Comment

Bruce, It's running now !!! Thank you very much. Steve

Comment

Comment

Sorry it took so long. Bruce's answer was a minute ahead of mine. :-) Dave...

Comment

I am trying to do a current Print Disk Information (PRTDSKINF) to check our current library sizes, etc. The information I keep obtaining is from 7/28/2000. After reading the help screens I saw that the information stays static in QAEZDISK until the Retrieve Disk Information (RTVDSKINF)command is run to update the information. When trying to run RTVDSKINF I receive the following message: Command RTVDSKINF not allowed in this setting. I moved along feeling my way blindly to the Display Command (DSPCMD) area for RTVDSKINF and got a nifty list of information. I saw the program to be QEZRTVDI. Thinking maybe I could run that program to get things going I attempted to call it, great, now I get: Object domain or hardware protection violation. If anyone knows what I should actually do to update the Disk Information I would appreciate the FYI. Thanks, Steve Mines

Comment

I like using the menu option DISKTASKS. Take option 1 and you can schedule this process for what fits your needs. Then you can run some really good reports from option 2. Try it! You'll Like it! Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X