Limiting users in a subsystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting users in a subsystem

Chuck, first thing to check is that your MONTHEND subsystem description does not have type entries in addition to the name entries, or if it does that they are AT(*ENTER) and not AT(*SIGNON). Dave...

Here's the challenge. We want to stop the people in the office from being on the system while monthend is processing. However, we'd like to allow the warehouse personnel to be on the system during the process. The simplest way to do this would be to end QINTER and start another subsystem, say MONTHEND, that limits what workstations can sign on to the subsystem. It used to be if you named workstations in a subsystem description that only those named would be allocated by the subsystem. However, I haven done this in years and it seems something has changed. Now, even though we've named only a few workstations in the SBSD any workstation available gets allocated by the subsystem and they get a signon screen. Any idea how to revert back to the old method? TIA, Chuck Ackerman

Comment

You also cannot have *ALL for Workstation types because that will capture any user that signs on regardless if you've added them or not. If you do have *ALL, then just remove it, and simply add the particular workstations to the MONTHEND subsystem. I just had to do this recently myself, and it works.

Comment

Working...
      X