Savwhlact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savwhlact

I'd like my nightly save clp endsbs qinter then runs a savlib using the synclib option. How can I automatically strsbs qinter after the checkpointing has completed...w/in the clp? Any thoughts/help is appreciated. Frank

Savwhlact

If you're doing save while active are you sure you need to shut down QINTER? The major advantage of this technique is that it allows you to provide high availablilty of your system. Dave...

Comment

Savwhlact

I see your message has been posted back in April 2001. Did you ever come up with an answer ?

Comment

Savwhlact

Frank, If you set up a special message queue for the Save While active check point messages you can have another job running that can monitor for the check point message (CPI3712). Once the message is recieved then you can restart QINTER. Depending on how the saves are written you may want to wait for the correct number of messages before starting the subsystem. This can work if you have multiple subsystems (let's say by department) and the libraries are grouped by the software used by the departments. An example would be in a hospital system you might have an Accounting package, a Lab package, and admissions package, etc. If the packages were saved individually then you could bring down only that department or departments that utilize the package. Dave, The reason to bring down the interactive subsystem is so the system can get the check point quicker and not time out. Once the check point has been achieved the users can continue to work.

Comment

Savwhlact

I'd like my nightly save clp endsbs qinter then runs a savlib using the synclib option. How can I automatically strsbs qinter after the checkpointing has completed...w/in the clp? Any thoughts/help is appreciated. Frank

Comment

Savwhlact

Not only Quinter.. If you are using a replciation product like Mimix, you need to end the apply sessions, and then start them back up once the Synch Point happens. We have been using save while active with Great Success ! - Keith

Comment

Working...
            X