TCP/IP routing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP routing issues

In V5R1 TRACEROUTE IS a 400 command?????

TCP/IP routing issues

Is that a statement or a question? I have V4R5 so, like Schultz, I know nothing about V5R1.

Comment

TCP/IP routing issues

Try ENDTCPSVR *ROUTED Then STRTCPSVR *ROUTED That should clear up any of the dynamic routing tables that the 400 has built. You can also see the routes that the 400 has found by doing a WRKTCPSTS then selecting option 2. HTH John

Comment

TCP/IP routing issues

Sorry, it was a statement.

Comment

TCP/IP routing issues

Another thought, make sure that when the router was reconfigured that it didn't revert back to default settings for the duplex mode. I think most routers default to *HALF duplex so if your interface is set up for *FULL duplex you will see the type of response you are getting along with bunches of dropped packets.

Comment

TCP/IP routing issues

We have some class B subnets with a fast router between them. The default (and only) route points to the router. Ever since the router was down for an upgrade on Sunday, traffic from the AS/400 to devices on other subnets is very slow with lots of packet loss. We suspect it "learned" some poor-quality routes while the router was down. How do we make it forget those bad routes and go back to using the router? IPL? Is there an OS/400 command equivalent to traceroute?

Comment

TCP/IP routing issues

Is there any command or way to get this information on systems older than V5R1?

Comment

Working...
              X