Checking for restricted condition in a CL pgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking for restricted condition in a CL pgm

Sorry if this is a repeat - I'm told you have to be subscribed to a page before your posting shows up. Anyway.... I need a simple way to monitor for the system going into a restricted state within a CL program (homegrown automated backups). The only method I thought of was DSPLOG to a spooled file, CPYSPLF to a PF, scan the PF for SST 'restricted state', etc. I know this would work be there must be a better way...[*]OS version is V4R3, btw.*

Checking for restricted condition in a CL pgm

Charles,
    Can you use the EndSts parameter of the RtvJobA command? Here is the help text:
    Specifies, if checking for a controlled cancel operation, the name of the CL variable that receives the cancelation status. The single-character value indicates whether a controlled cancelation that affects the job is currently being performed. A value of 1 indicates that either the system, the subsystem in which the job is running, or the job itself is being canceled; a 0 indicates no controlled cancelation is being performed. The CL variable must be a character variable with a minimum length of 1 character.
    Regarding registering to post: I believe the rule is that all posts from a "guest" is reviewedbefore posting.
    Bill
    I need a simple way to monitor for the system going into a restricted state within a CL program (homegrown automated backups). The only method I thought of was DSPLOG to a spooled file, CPYSPLF to a PF, scan the PF for SST 'restricted state', etc. I know this would work be there must be a better way...

Comment

Working...
    X