Big upgrade V3R7 to V4R5 Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big upgrade V3R7 to V4R5 Help!!!

Hi Tim Try this it should answer most of your questions http://www.as400.ibm.com/tstudio/tec...2.htm#Header_2 Or do a search on ROADMAP Thanks Brian Babineau

Tim, I'm really surprised your AS/400 supplier(business partner?) hasn't addressed these questions for you. The link that Brian supplied doesn't work any longer. You can attempt to explore the following link for answers. http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...nning/nav.html Jumping to V4R3 was officially supported until 12/29/00. You should not have any problems upgrading to V4R3 then V4R5. If you were my client, I would direct you to the V4R4 RISC to RISC Upgrade Roadmap (Document Number: SA41-5155-03) along with the Backup and Recovery Guide for the actual upgrade planning. Based on your environment, 3rd party applications, client connection software, etc. there could be gotchas....

Comment

I'm about to upgrade an older AS/400 from V3R7 to V4R5 and then upgrade to a new AS/400. I could really use some advice. 1. It's my understanding that I must first upgrade to V4R1 then from 4.1 to 4.5 is this true? 2. Can I upgrade from 3.7 to 4.3 and then to 4.5? (someone stated this is a better way to go.) 3. If both are possible what is the best path to end up at 4.5? 4. Are there gotchas? If so what should I be on the look out for? 5. Is anyone aware of a migration instructions from the old system to the new? Or do I use the IBM Backup and recovery manual? What is the best source for a smooth move? Lots of questions. Thanks for your help. Tim

Comment

I have heard that going from 3.7 to 4.1 is a big step and could be difficult. Is there any way for me to find out what the gotchas are? I have done several upgrades but all of them were from 4.X up. I'm afraid that we are the business partner. I just started the position and have not had to deal with this issue before. I'm looking for resources and whatever I can grab. I'm sure there is some reason why this 400 wasn't upgraded in the past but right now I have to help catch it up. I don't want to go down in flames with my first big project for this company. Any suggestion, reference material, pointers, general resources that you may have would be met with great enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
        X