Lee Yarrington / Tim Shafar - Regarding Problem Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Yarrington / Tim Shafar - Regarding Problem Notification

Have you reviewed the joblog to determine you are not receiving any message during the job in conjunction with the SNDDST? The other piece that you will want to review is a DSPDSTLOG and make sure that the *ORG (Distribution Originated) exists for the job. Also make sure that QSNADS is active for the Distribution to be sent. If you have further questions - please include a copy of the CL statements for review. Good luck - Lee.

Lee, I have checked the logs and cannot find anything that is relative to any problems with my SNDDST command. I have checked that QSNADS is active. I will mention that our e-mail service is through a local ISP and we do not have a static e-mail server IP address. What I did was setup a directory entry using our in-house network IP address and added another entry with our e-mail server's alias name. I am thinking that this may be part of the problem. Below you will find information regarding the setup of our SMTP gateway, the TPC host entries and the actual SNDDST commnad that I am interactively trying to test with. I very much appreciate you help with this. If you see anyting in the below listed that is a problem, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks again Lee!!![*]************************************************** ***************** Directory Entry Details User ID/Address . . . . : INTERNET GATEWAY Description . . . . . . : Internet SMTP Gateway System name/Group . . . : INTERNET User profile . . . . . : Network user ID . . . . : INTERNET GATEWAY Name: Last . . . . . . . . : First . . . . . . . . : Middle . . . . . . . : Preferred . . . . . . : Full . . . . . . . . : Department . . . . . . : Job title . . . . . . . : Company . . . . . . . . : Telephone numbers . . . : FAX telephone number . : Location . . . . . . . : Building . . . . . . . : Office . . . . . . . . : Mailing address . . . . : Forward from user identifier: User ID/Address . . . : Locally-defined . . . . : Yes Indirect user . . . . . : No Print cover page . . . : Mail notification . . . : Text . . . . . . . . . : Mail service level . . : User index Preferred address . . . : NETUSRID *IBM Address type . . . . : ATCONTXT cc:Mail (trademark of Lotus Development Corporation): cc:Mail address . . . : cc:Mail comment . . . : Allow synchronization . : Yes DLO owner . . . . . . . : User profile Last update: Date/Time . . . . . . : 06/13/01 13:36:34 User ID/Address . . . : PELIOT TPI820 TCP/IP Host Table Entries Internet Host Opt Address Name 111.0.0.0 LOOPBACK LOCALHOST 111.0.0.1 S1018372 TPI500 S1018372.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM 111.0.0.2 TPI820 TPI820.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM TPI820.COM TPI820.TPI2 111.0.0.3 INTERNETEMAILGATEWAY ( SMTP Gateway / Local net) SMTP.TPISYS.COM ( E-mail Router / via ISP) (actual IP addresses have been changed due to posting on open forum) Actual CL SNDDST command entered SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET((peliot@tpisys.com)) DSTD('Text Message') LONGMSG('This is a test. This message is being sent from the iSeries 820 System.') Send distribution completed successfully. ( System completion message )

Comment

What user is performing the job that contains the SNDDST? This user must have a Directory Entry assigned in the UserId - Address Fields. The UserName is not important as long as the user is assigned to a Directory Entry. You can do a DSPDIRE USRID(xxxxxx xxxxxx) for review. You may also want to review the Distribution Configuration for Distribution Queues, Routing Tables, etc via CFGDSTSRV. Check the status of your distribution queues to make sure the distributions are not held. Good luck.

Comment

One of the methods I used recently to debug SNDDST was to turn on auditing in CHGSMTPA then stop and start SMTP. You can then follow the distributions progress using DSPJRN. One of the entries for a distribution should contain text like "88 DLVED xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" which will be the IP address of your mail server. Hope this helps!

Comment

The following links will help. The first link is called Basic Troubleshooting for SNADs. The second is SNADS and SMTP. http://www.as400service.ibm.com/s_di...hlight=0,SNADS http://www.as400service.ibm.com/s_di...hlight=0,SNADS Use this link and Query the knowledge base on SNADS. You'll find all the help you need. http://www.as400service.ibm.com/s_di...hlight=0,SNADS

Comment

Hi, I need some Help ......... Does any one knows, if it is possible to monitor for error message in while doing FTP >>> ? Here is the error that I get. I want to monitor this error ........ Enter an FTP subcommand. > Put GusData/SIBBPF 227 Entering Passive Mode (63,111,224,135,255,125) 425 Can't open data connection. Thanks, in advance. Gary Segal

Comment

Hi, Can any one tell me; step by step how to set up my AS/400 (V4R5) to send E-mails using SNDDST command. Thanks in advance Gary Segal

Comment

As far as I know there is no ability to trap errors in FTP. You must read the "standard output" and parse it for error messages. Try searching the forum for examples. Terry

Comment

Thanks Lee and Tim! You suggestions and comments are greately appreciated! I went to the suggested site for info on setting up my SMTP gateway and have got it setup and I am able ping our e-mail server. But, when I send a e-mail via SNDDST I never receive the e-mail message that I sent from the 820 box...??? Do either of you have any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks again for you help! Patrick

Comment

Thanks Gary

Comment

Gary,
                      You might check out MailTools on Bradley Stones website: BVSTools.com.
                      Bill
                      Can any one tell me; step by step how to set up my AS/400 (V4R5) to send E-mails using SNDDST command.

Comment

If you have an external e-mail server you can go here for directions http://www.bytware.com/Support/MPlus/egateway.html Scott Mildenberger

Comment

Working...
                        X