Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF in the S36 Enviroment

Tom,
    You could always rename the command to something else.
    Bill
    I would like my user to stop using S36 commands. They are always using OFF to sign off is there a way to disable the OFF S36 command. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

OFF in the S36 Enviroment

This depends on how many S/36 applications are still in use. If the answer is none (or *NONE), then you may change the QSPCENV system value from *S36 to *NONE. Dave

Comment

I would like my user to stop using S36 commands. They are always using OFF to sign off is there a way to disable the OFF S36 command. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

Why don't you want them to use OFF? When we migrated to the AS/400 from the S/36, we didn't want our users to use the OFF command because it didn't generate a joblog and we were losing valuable tracking information. I solved the problem by creating an AS/400 command called 'OFF' which did a SIGNOFF *LIST and generated the joblogs we wanted. I put the command in one of our in-house libraries that was at the top of the system portion of everyone's library list. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X