AS400 IPCS(Netfinity) storage size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 IPCS(Netfinity) storage size

Since the % used is 0, the NWSSTG space isn't really in use. If you're sure that you aren't using it, just delete the current one and recreate the new one with the smaller size. In fact, if you're not using it, don't create one at all. If you'r just using the IPCS as a network adapter and aren't running NT/2000 on it, you don't have to create a NWSSTG space. - JJ

Can anybody help me?… I have an AS/400 170, with IPCS (Netfinity). Originally out of 12GB I assigned 4GB to the PICS Server, leaving 8GB for the AS/400. Now need to reallocate the space, and give more to the AS/400. So I want to change the size of the IPCS to 3GB in order go increase space in the AS/400. I used the Display Network Server Storage Space (DSPNWSSTG) command, from the Work with WS Storage Spaces (WRKNWSSTG) command. There is not and option to do the change that I want. How can I do this? Thank you in advance. Carlos Aldama. Network server storage space . . : xxxSRVNT3 Network server description . . . : xxxSRVNT Drive . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 3 Size in megabytes . . . . . . . . : 4000 Percent used . . . . . . . . . . : 0 Format . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *FAT Format complete . . . . . . . . . : Yes Auxiliary storage pool . . . . . : 1 Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Windows NT Operating System

Comment

Hi Carlos, If its a single drive on IPCS and You have installed NT on it then there is no way out, you can remove some storage space and add to AS400. What you will have to do is to scratch your NT installation, and reallocate disk space. But also consider suggestion mentioned by John. He is very much right, that if you are just using the network resource of IPCS card then you do not require to allocate netwrok storage space. TIA Best Regards Rajesh

Comment

Working...
      X